Thursday, October 13, 2011

a day in Santiago

Okay, so we didn't actually spend the entire day in Santiago.  After sleeping in until 9am we decided we were going to try and tackle the public transit and go out to vino Concha y Toro in Pirque.  And it actually worked out very well.  

We found another member of our GAP group at breakfast, Rick.  He decided to join us on our Journey.  I'm going to lie.... It was nice to have a guy around while wondering the streets of city where I am very bad at communicating!

The Transit station was just down the street from our hotsel.  It took us about 30-40 minutes by train to get to Pirque.  Then we walked about 2miles to the winery.  We arrived at 12:55. I remember because the tasting tour  was to start at 1pm.

The first time I ever has "Casillero del Diablo" wine was last year while visiting the Galapagos Islands.  Every since that trip, it has been among one of my favorites.  I'm embarrassed to admit, I did not the the wind was made at Concha y Toro until the day before.  So I was rather excited when we got there!

Carmenere!  One of mu favorites. Produced only in Chile

                                                The grapes are not quite ready yet...





In the wine cellar was a good place to try and lean how to take decent pictures in very low light!
They don't call it Casillero del Diablo for nothing...


This days description is not over, I more to say, but not enough time at the moment. 
Stay tuned...
.









No comments:

Post a Comment